Monday 17 November 2014

Beauty // Products I Think Are Absolutely Sh*t


Some of these products have been hyped in the bloggersphere and sometimes I think bloggers can get caught up in what other people think of something and just follow the crowd. I rarely buy a product that I completely don't get on with, so I thought I'd show you the few products that I've found totally useless.

Garnier Ultimate Blends, The Sleek Restorer Conditioner - This condition goes down as the ultimate worst hair product that I have ever ever ever used. I've seen bloggers rave about it, it has 4.5 stars on Boots.com and I just cant understand why. It must have a high water content because it doesn't actually condition my hair at all, I massage it into my hair and it just disappears. I've given it half the bottle of chances to change my mind but it's just down right crap. The shampoo is okay as shampoos go, it makes my hair feel very soft afterwards which makes me think its packed to the brim with silicone and not one to use if you want a deep cleanse. The deep conditioner on the other hand is worth while, although I think it just does what I expected the conditioner to do. 

Charles Worthington Texturising Spray - This is another massively hyped product apparently comparable to the Oribe texturising spray. I do like the effects this product straight after I've used it - it gives amazing volume and texture to the hair. HOWEVER, I have personally found that this isn't a brush out product. My hair the day after using this was like I'd been dragged through a bush backwards. It felt gross, sticky, coarse and only a good shampoo would restore my normally shiny-tangle-free hair. My hair is lucky if it gets 2-3 washes a week and using this product means I'd have to wash it every day. 

Fake Duo Clear Eyelash Glue - This is a warning more than a 'Product I Think is Absolutely Sh*t', because the real-deal Duo eyelash glue is my holy grail. I usually find eBay quite a reliable source to buy from, however recently I bought a tube and from the get go I knew it was a fake. Firstly, you had to cut off the end of the tube to get the product out - with real Duo this is not the case. Secondly, the product inside was thin, watery and smelt like false nail adhesive which is quite worrying. And lastly, the overall packaging was reminiscent of the crappy lash glue you get free with eyelashes. It was only £2.69 and I insisted that the seller give my money back, despite the fact they still claimed it was real - clearly not.
[I purchased a genuine 14g tube from Feel Unique and thought I'd show you a comparison to the fake]

Do you agree with any of my disappointing products?






No comments :

Post a Comment