Saturday 3 May 2014

Makeup // L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée in Julianne - £8.19 - Boots
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée in Eva - £8.19 - Boots

The one area of the beauty world I am still hesitant to dip my toes into is nude lipsticks. I am half Jamaican so every experience I have had as of yet with nude lipsticks have made me look 50 shades of dead. On a recent browse round my beloved Boots, I came across the new L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée, whereby 6 of the iconic L’Oreal spokeswomen have created a tailor made nude lipstick (Doutzen Kroes, Eva Longoria, Cheryl Cole, Julianne Moore, Freida Pinto and Liya Kebede). I decided to pick the shades Eva and Julianne:




Eva Longoria: 'Barely Golden nb2. With a hint of gold added, the best to capture the radiance of matte skin and sublimate the complexion, the sunkissed effect is worthy of the influential woman.'
I didn’t warm to Eva’s shade instantly as in the bullet it looks a scary browny peach. However, Eva is the closest in skin tone to me out of all of the women, so in theory it should suit me. When swatched this is actually a lovely natural peachy nude. She was always my favourite in Desperate Housewives too!

Julianne Moore: Barely Peach nb5. Sensual and delicate to the extreme, enhances the radiance of pale complexions and endows them with elegance and sophistication.
Even though this is described to suit pale complexions, I really love this colour on myself. It’s an everyday ‘your lips but better’ shade, something I surprisingly lack in my huge collection of lip products. 

I know you can't judge a product by it's packaging, but love the matte black Nars-esque packaging with the gold accents. Both of these lipsticks have fast become my favourites. I like a dark brown smokey eye on a night out, and find myself stumped as to what lipstick to wear without looking over the top, and end up resorting to a lip balm #boring. These lipsticks have well and truely solved my problem, as well as acting as low maintenance every day shades to pop in my hand bag.

Have you tried the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée?
p.s. I'd love to hear your nude lipstick suggestions!

Lotsa Love.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely shades :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lipsticks look so pretty!

    Lucy x

    lucy-jane-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete