Saturday 19 April 2014

Fashion // Insta Haul


Hi lovelies, I haven't been around for a while, but that's a whole other blog post to explain why. Now the pressure's off slightly with uni, I thought I'd come back with a little haul. I saw this idea on Sarah Ashcroft's blog which you can find here. She is my main style inspiration at the moment, literally everything she wears I want! But basically she shows some of the items she has recently bought through her Insta photos; so I thought I'd do the same seen as I'm obsessed with Instagram. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Topshop Lilac Spot Tee - £10 Sale - Size 8
Lilac is my new favourite colour. I used to think it washed me out but now I absolutely love it! This top was just too much of a bargain to pass up on and an easy wear paired with a black bralet underneath, some leggings and Converse. 

Topshop Hawaiian Cami Top - £28 - Size 8 
This purchase was fully influenced by Instagram. I've seen a few bloggers in the jean equivalent, but wasn't fast enough to get my hands on them. This top was sold out online, but found it shoved to the back on it's own and in my size, in my local Topshop - result.

Missguided Justyne Black Crop Top - £5.99 - Size 8
Missguided White Ripped Jeans - £29.99 - Size 8
White high-waisted jeans are so in this spring and summer. And there's no pair of bottoms that are going to make you look more tanned. I'd been eyeing up these from Missguided but were always out of stock. One day I had a little look and they were miraculously back in stock but only 1 pair left, I added them to the basket and completed the checkout faster than the speed of light. The black crop top was also a massive bargain, plus it has adjustable straps and is double lined, unlike the Topshop equivalent.
New Look Gingham Crop Top - £9.99 - Size 8
Primark Necklace - £3
Primark Gingham Hair Band - £1.50
I may or may not be loving gingham at the moment... The New Look gingham crop tops have been so popular and me being the sheep that I am had to get one. How much of a bargain was this statement necklace from Primark though?! They are doing seriously well with their jewelry at the moment - go Primarni!


Topshop Ribbed Lilac Crop Top - £8 - Size 8
Topshop Gingham Joni Jeans - £38 - Size 10
As you all know, gingham is huuuge for S/S'14, and these jeans have been doing their rounds on the bloggersphere. As soon as I got paid these were top on my wishlist so ordered online. I've never owned a pair of Joni jeans because I'd tried a pair on last year and they were so uncomfortable. But now Topshop have introduced their new 'stretch technology' they are so so comfortable and stretchy. These babies fit like a glove and will be on my legs non stop throughout spring and summer. The Topshop ribbed croptops are also a must have, I already have 3 colours and intend to get some more!
River Island Palm Print Crop Top - Size 12 - £12
I'm usually a size 8 in tops, but this River Island crop top has been selling like hot cakes so any size I could get my hands on was welcome. It sold out online and the nearest store it was available in my size was 50 miles away! It was also selling on eBay for over £30 which I was not going to pay. My local River Island had size 12 and up in stock so I literally dropped what I was doing to go and find it - sad I know. And surprisingly it fits quite well!


New Look Gingham Cropped Shirt - £17.99 - Size 8
Another one of my style crushes is Charlotte Fisher on Instagram. She's the queen of pastels and I can guarantee once you follow her you will be lusting after every item in her wardrobe. When I saw her wearing this shirt paired with high-waisted black jeans and a black fedora I had to get it. It's so 50's and I felt a little like the poster girl Rosie the Riveter while wearing it. I paired it with my AA riding pants, Converse and my Zara khaki jacket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moral of the story is, I need to delete Instagram because I would probably have loads more money than I do now! But that's never going to happen, so if you love Instagram as much as I do, give me a follow at @ohrubyx and leave your Insta links down below so I can check yours out too!

Lotsa Love!

1 comment :

  1. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blog Award! Check out the details: http://tnnoir.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-very-inspiring-blog-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete