Wednesday 1 January 2014

Weightloss Journey: How To Lose That Christmas Kilo


I am not proud of it, but I knew it was going to happen - I put a kilo on over Christmas. On the 21st of December I was 58.9kg, and by the 26th I was 59.9kg. To put on a pound, you need to have over eaten by approx. 3600 calories, meaning that I over ate by about 7200 which is disgusting haha. However, it is now the 1st of January and I am back down to 58.9kg. 

Here's a few tips to how you can shed those Christmas kilos:
  1. Starting tomorrow or next week is not good enough. There's no better time like the present right? Whether it's starting a diet, or getting back to the gym just do it today. Wait a week, and you may even have put on another kilo to add to what you want to lose. To lose my Christmas kilo, I was back to the gym on the 27th.
  2. Remove all the temptations. All the chocolate I got for Christmas, I put in a bag and gave to my other family members. If it's in my house, I will end up eating it.
  3. Drink a s**t load of water: I have been drinking between 2-3 litres of water a day. It sounds a lot, but if you buy the 2 litre bottles of water to drink from you will do it. It'll help flush out all those toxins, whether you've over done it on the alcohol or stuffed your face with fatty foods. 
  4. Drink green tea. I was always a bit of a cynic when it came to the apparent benefits of drinking green tea. It takes some time to get used to the taste, but I use Clippers Green Tea with Lemon, which actually tastes amazing. Drink 3 cups a day, and it will help to speed up your metabolism and aid with your digestion. 
  5. Get some money for Christmas? Go out and treat yourself to some new gym gear. Being able to look good at the gym is surprisingly motivating. H&M have some amazing fitness clothing that you should check out.
  6. Weights, weights and more weights. Girls, do not be afraid of weights, you will not look like a bodybuilder after a few visits to the gym. Just ask the assistants in the gym to show you how to do a few circuits including weights and it will help tone and shape your body better than any form of cardio. In an hour, I burn between 700-800 calories lifting weights for 35 minutes and then cardio and stretching for the other 25 minutes, as appose to 500-600 calories only doing cardio.
  7. Believe that you can do it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! All cheesyness aside, this has helped me a lot. Being able to lose this kilo I put on over Christmas in such a short time has made me feel so good. I'm now aiming for 53-54kg as my final goal (I am 5'5, the healthy weight range for my height according to the NHS is between 50-68kgs). But the other day someone said to me 'You're not going to lose more are you?' and it really pissed me off. Why should I be told what I should and shouldn't look like, why can't I have abs and amazing legs? And the answer to that is I can do whatever the f**k I like, if I want abs and am willing to work hard enough, I will bloody well get them. 
I hope some of these tips help! If you don't have a gym membership, here are some workouts you can do in the comfort of your own home...


 
 
 






4 comments :

  1. What great tips. I myself have gained some weight over the holidays as well and am looking forward to getting back into my routine. On top of some of the things you advise me and my husband do the advocare cleanse every 90 days and that helps flush that garbage out. I totally agree with the benefits of lifting and have to convince girls all the time they will not bulk up like a man. Www.tiffanydoten.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tips for losing weight and for kick-starting the new you! My new years resolution is to lose weight too, so these tips were just what I needed!

    Love the blog, speak soon!
    stylesofsummers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Definitely going to try the clippers green tea with lemon, hopefully it will convert me too! You have such a lovely blog btw
    Amy x
    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like the way you have provided some extremely useful information about weight loss. Thanks for sharing some extremely useful and effective information. By the way let me share my personal experience regarding a product which I recently came across in course of my weight loss journey. The product named "The Red Tea Detox" is said to be extremely beneficial in reducing weight and many people have claimed to have reduced 14 pounds in 14 days. it’s a detox diet that uses a special tea recipe to help accelerate fat loss. That’s really amazing isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete