Monday 30 December 2013

My Year in Pictures: 2013


I pondered over doing this post, because I didn't feel like I had much to show for 2013. But looking through my Instagram, I had such busy summer, but then it went downhill from there. 

I made some important decisions about my future this year which are: I don't want to do a Masters degree; I don't want to go travelling; I want to move out soon. I feel like I've had a bit of an epitome recently - I realise now that some of the things that I have done in my life, and had planned to do in the future, were things that I thought were expected of me and not things that I actually wanted to do. Looking back, I wish I hadn't gone to university. All my friends went, and a lot of my family members have studied for a degree, so I did it as it seemed the 'done' thing. Really, university isn't suited for me - I don't like living with messy people, I don't like doing uni work and I don't like studying English Literature or Media studies. I'm half way through my final year so I'm grinning and bearing it for the next 6 months. 

However, on a positive note, during Summer I studied an intensive short course in Fashion Journalism at the London College of Fashion. Despite it being ridiculously expensive, it was such a brilliant experience. I visited places in London that I would never have though of visiting like: Dover Street Market, V&A Club to Catwalk Exhibition and the Miles Aldridge Exhibition at Somerset House. My teacher was so inspiring  and it opened my eyes to what I really want to do in my life, which is something to do with journalism, pr and fashion.

I went on an amazing holiday to Ibiza with my friend Ruth. We went pretty crazy, we went to the Zoo Project, Ibiza strip, Space, saw Bastille at Ibiza Rocks, Luciano at Ushuaia, Sankeys and David Guetta at Pacha all in 6 nights. Coming home was more of a break than actually being out there. But I had such an amazing time and wouldn't hesitate to go back there.
I also went to two festivals during summer. The first was V Festival with my best friend Hannah, seeing Beyonce was unreal, but it just reminded me of how much I hate camping. The weekend after V, me and my friend Aimee trekked up north to Creamfields where we made the brilliant decision to stay in a hotel. Seeing Annie Mac, The Prodigy, Avicii, Nicky Romero and David Guetta to name but a few was amazing, and being able to go back to a warm bed and a shower at the end of the day was even better.
At the end of September I went on a family holiday to Corfu with my Aunt and Uncle. It was such a perfect time to go, the weather in England was horrible but it was still 26-30 degrees in Greece. I had such a relaxing time and got an amazing end of Summer tan. 

On the advice of my Fashion Journalism teacher, I also started my blog this year, which has become a really important part of my life now. I love writing posts, and it gives me an excuse to buy new things! Hopefully my blog will continue to grow as I do.

As Summer ended, university began. I decided to remain living at home for my final year. I am a pretty tidy and clean person, and at uni you are bound to end up with some pretty messy people. People leaving dirty plates to the point that mould grew on them - disgusting. At home, the entire upstairs of the house belongs to me, so I have my freedom but also my home comforts and cleanliness. I still hate going in to uni, but I am way happier now.

The end of summer also meant the start of the 21st birthdays. For my friend Katie's, I met her and the girls in London after a day at LCF and we went for dinner at La Tasca and went for drinks up the OXO tower. My friend Aimee planned a night out in London at the club Aura Mayfair. When we got there, I noticed Conor Maynard sitting at the table behind us. The night ended in us being invited over to their table which was a turn of events! It was recently my friend Ruth's 21st, which was one of those nights where at the time it was so much fun, and then the next day you are filled with regrets and embarrassment haha.

I can't believe how fast 2013 flew by, I had fun but nothing groundbreaking happened. Even though in 2014 I face some huge challenges and milestones in my life - having jaw surgery, turning 21, graduating from university - I feel like it will be a much better year for me.



1 comment :

  1. seems like you had a fabulous year :) so jealous of you Ibiza trip, I've heard so many great things about the country! Good luck with the surgery, but at least you'll get uni over with this year! I love your blog, I think it was a great decision :)

    happy new year!

    xx
    cleverspices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete