Thursday 19 December 2013

Haulin' #6: American Beauty



Unfortunately, I haven't been to America. But after watching beauty Youtuber Shaaanxo, I came across the website Beautyjoint.com based in the US, that sell beauty products that you can't find in the UK for super cheap prices. These 10 items, including postage (£8) came to £32 which I was amazed about! I ordered on Black Friday, so got a 30% off and $5 store credit to use. 

Ardell False Eyelashes - Demi Wispies: £2.15 
These are my ultimate favourite eyelashes, and seeing they were only £2.15 I ordered 3 pairs. In Boots or Superdrug you can pay up to £6 per  pair so I took full advantage of the cheaper price.

Milani Baked Blush in 05 Luminoso: £4.90
Ingrid from MissGlamorazzi has mentioned this in a few of her videos so I needed to try it out. This is such a perfect peach colour with a bit of shimmer running through it. 

Milani Bronzer in 02 Medium: £3.06
In terms of the colour, this looks like a brilliant dupe for NARS Laguna bronzer. 

NYX Blush in Peach: £3.07
From the name of the blush 'Peach', I expected this to be a peach colour - it's not. It's more of a bright corally pink, it looks like it will go perfectly with the NYX lipstick that I also purchased in Stella. 

NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium: £5.52
I've heard a lot about this bronzer, so I thought I'd try it out. A decent matte bronzer is hard to find so I have high hopes for this product. In hindsight I wish I'd got the darker shade as I'm pretty tanned at the moment, but when it fades I'm sure it'll work perfectly.  

NYX Round Lipstick in Electra: £2.45
Of course I needed another red lipstick. To be fair this isn't to similar to any other red lipstick I own. It's a darker blue toned red, comparable to the colour of MAC Russian Red, perfect for the Christmas period. 

NYX Round Lipstick in Stella: £2.45
The NYX colour swatches are really bad so I wasn't too sure what this would end up like. But it's a beautiful bright coral colour which is right up my street. 

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells: £2.45
I have wanted some of these palettes for so long! I just think it's a great concept to have shades specifically for the browbone, crease and eyelid. Plus it just makes them totally idiot-proof as you know exactly how and where to apply them. 

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment: £2.45
This is a beautiful trio of colours with a shimmery light pink for the browbone, a dark brown with gold running through for the crease and a cool toned taupe for the eyelid. I know I will get so much use out of these palettes.  

Wet n Wild Mega Volume Mascara in Very Black £2.45
I ordered this purely because it was super cheap and I'm obsessed with trying new mascaras. The brush and the packaging makes me think it's going to be comparable to the Maybelline Colosal Volum' Express mascara. 

L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W6 Sun Beige £6.64
I bought this from an eBay shop based in the US because I can't seem to find this colour anywhere. I've looked in all the Boots in my area, most of which have the full L'Oreal range, and the assistants have told me that if they didn't have it then I probably wouldn't be able to find it in the UK (They only stock W5: too pale and W7: too dark). Luckily I found it on eBay and it was only £6.64, where in Boots/Superdrug it's £9.99. The colour is perfect for me and it was delivered in a week! The only con is that it is in the American packaging which doesn't have a pump, but I can work with that. 

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Beauty Joint again. The postage was pretty quick considering it came from the US and I didn't have to pay any customs charges. 

Which American beauty products are you lusting over at the moment?



2 comments :

  1. All of these products look so nice Ruby, I love Ardell lashes too - especially the Demi Wispies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about the true match line. I haven't purchased any myself because I'm a bit of a MAC snob but would like to try it sometime. also those I'll have to hear how the eyelashes worked for you. I'm contemplating purchasing a pair for my trip to New York ( I live in the US) for the holidays! www.tiffanydoten.com

    ReplyDelete