Sunday 29 September 2013

How to: Banana Bread


So you may be thinking, 'What the hell? I thought this was a fashion/beauty blog'. But due to my obsession with the Great British Bake Off, I have been recently on a bit of a baking kick. Things I bake never really turn out right, and I usually buy the box kits of cake mix; but today I thought I would have a go at Banana Bread from scratch. It's super easy, tastes amazing and nothing actually went wrong! If you fancy a go, this is what you'll need:

285g of plain flour
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda 
2 eggs
1/2 a tsp of salt
225g of caster sugar
3 or 4 ripe bananas 
110g butter
85ml milk
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Extra butter for greasing

First, I preheated the oven to 180C and mashed my bananas in a mixing bowl. The recipe gave some complicated way of combining the ingredients, I just chucked it all in and mixed it with a fork. It's best not to blend it as it's nice to bite into chunks of banana when it is finished. I then greased a Pyrex dish with butter and poured in the mixture. The recipe told me I needed to bake the bread for an hour, however it took almost 2 hours. When you can stick a knife through the center and it comes out clean, it's done. 

I hope this random blog post inspires someone to give baking a go!


Love Ruby.  

No comments :

Post a Comment