Saturday 7 September 2013

Fashion Journalism Short Course at the London College of Fashion


         



I recently enrolled on a 5 day intensive Fashion Journalism course at the London College of Fashion, and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. I'm about to enter the last year of my degree in English Literature and Media Studies, but Fashion Journalism is my true passion. 
Because I had no real idea about the ins and outs of Fashion Journalism, I thought one of the short courses that LCF had to offer would be a great beginners introduction. The University of the Arts London is also acclaimed world wide, with graduates including John Galliano - meaning to show that you have studied there puts you at a great advantage. The course cost £525 - yes it's extortionate, but worth every penny. 
Paul Tierney the lecturer was absolutely amazing, being regularly commissioned by Vogue, Grazia and The Independent to name but a few. He gave us tips and tricks for fashion writing, and also essential information about getting yourself noticed in the fashion industry. 
We also took field trips to locations such as the V&A and Dover Street Market, which we later were given assignments to review. Being able to show my work to an accomplished fashion journalist was one of the best aspects of the course, to tell me where I am going right and where I was going wrong by someone who knows what they are talking about was essential for me.  
I am so happy that I took the plunge and attended the course. It has instilled in me that Fashion Journalism is what I what I want to do in the future, and I just can't wait to finish university to get some experience in the industry now. I would highly recommenced the LCF and UAL short courses to anyone that is interested in fashion, it will be one of the best decisions you ever make!

Love Ruby.    




1 comment :

  1. Hi Ruby! Do you think the one-week course is worth it for someone flying all the way to London, from the Philippines? :)

    Thanks,
    Ayn

    ReplyDelete